As of 2014 about 90% of customers use only 10% of all search engines. In that small elite group of search engine leaders is Google. Google manages to get about 70 billions searches a second. Imagine if you could grab just 1 second of traffic and than you can start to ponder how much money Google rakes in lol. For the rest of us, riding the coat tails of an Internet giant can still be very profitable. In fact Google has kept Adwords pretty reasonable even though it’s still the best way to get highly convertible traffic. At WebHostpro we have bought tons of traffic and banners and still to this day nothing has converted for the dollar like Adwords. It’s pricey but most people that click on your link have the right goal in mind for what you are trying to do.
I have to throw in a shout for the new Yahoo ad system, it’s clean and very cheap right now while it’s new. The conversions are not good but it’s a great way to be seen by a ton of Internet users for a good price.
Google has said that 90% of your sales come from about 10% of your ads. That means you need to know which ads are converting. What you say in the ad can make the difference of a click that will get you a sale or just check your site for information.
It’s crucial to have a link tracking system for your ads or you are almost for sure throwing away money each month.
The sad truth is about 10% of advertisers get 90% of traffic. These are the guys that have figured out how to convert traffic perfectly and they make a good living from it. If you want to be able to do the same here are 5 important tips to help you get started:
1. Use a link tracker for each individual ad you make.
2. Check your competition and try an ad like theirs.
3. If you get 5 sales on 1 ad and none on another, scrap the non converting ad and do more like the one that converts.
4. Disclose if you charge for your product or service, there is no faster way to waste paid traffic then to have a visitor think it’s free than try to be charged. They will go running and you wasted a payment for the click.
5. Make the ad eye catching, don’t be afraid to use zest and excitement, just don’t mislead in your ad or it will cost you payments for dead clicks every time.
Know of any other good PPC methods? Let us know below in the comments!