Is your website mobile WAP ready?
Marketing your website to hand held devises will improve your online presence.
Last years sales of 334 million in PDA WAP ready phones and some T-Mobile cell phones are strong sign of the internet and phone becoming one. But how does this effect your website? make a custom version of your website for wap will get added to a phones internet favorites and directories for wap. Thios is commonly done with a your-main-domain/wap sub domains wap.your-main-domain.com is the older fashion and not as common now since it take s a new dns to resolve this location then the other.
Most sites are ready without even knowing but adding to the basic site with a wap version will even make it better. But if a whole new version is not good for you then making a couple small changes to your main site can help allot. First you want to have all the solutions available on one page, you don’t want them clicking links like a regular website. There is smaller and harder to click on links.
1. Avoid using huge text especially on the header
2. Choose black text and a white background, this is the easiest viewed. marketi8ng spot will be changing to this in our next design update. 😉
3. Center the most important information, most WAP mobile browsers will cut off side bars.
4. If you website is flash then create a page for wap like we mentioned before or even better get rid of flash, it is proven over and over to take away from web site consistency and repeat visitors.
5. have a header and sub header, it will give them the information right away
6. consider a mobile domain like .mobi as a second domain website
7. put the business contact information on the front page and any sales closing information
Keep these tips in mind and good luck, mobile is rumored by several top business anylists as the next big thing.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
Charles has been working as a webmaster since 1998. Since then, he has had his hands in thousands of websites and has helped millions get online through a company he partially owns called Web Host Pro.