Fight hackers back
John Anton’s problems began with a phone call. It was a customer looking for a website like his. He thought it was strange and asked where the person heard of this. He was then told there is clones of his website for sale. John spent about 300k to develop his drag and drop logo clothing company. But now you can get the same site for about $1000 just like his! Frustrated he started research And found lots of websites just like his even with his images. Lawyers best advise was to try to sue the company but they where located in India where laws are obviously much different. The good news was John could go after any sites using this code in the US. After 12k in legal fees he got several sites shutdown in the US using the code and about $3500 in settlement fees. Still upset and baffled he atleast stood his ground and feels good about not taking such a attack for granted.
The next step was to hire a security company and make sure the new code is secure and protected.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
Charles has been working as a webmaster since 1998. Since then, he has had his hands in thousands of websites and has helped millions get online through a company he partially owns called Web Host Pro.