It’s hard to not over-sell, especially when you have a website. I mean you can’t talk to the customer so all you have is the information they read. Of course you want to include all the great things about your service or product.
The issue with this is that we tend to stray from what customers are really looking for. What they are really looking for is a future with you or your product. They want to feel safe that their life will be better if they use what you are offering. It’s always more important to focus on how you will make their life better rather than how great your product is. Try to focus more on what the service will do and how that helps the customer rather than how great it is.
A great rule of thumb is to focus on these two key sales areas:
1. What will give your customer an emotional connection to your product?
2. How will your product your product get your customers to their goals?
If you stay on target and avoid getting too wordy you will find good conversions with a simple straight forward and honest sales image.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
Charles has been working as a webmaster since 1998. Since then, he has had his hands in thousands of websites and has helped millions get online through a company he partially owns called Web Host Pro.